Sunday concluded a busy week of clipping and stripping. In what could have been Spokane's version of the dust bowl, tiller and I pruned back all the tomatoes heavily in hopes to make the plant ripen up quickly before the cold comes. Along with peppers, a few squash, and beets, the tomatoes are one of the last details we have to focus on. We have chutney's planned for any green ones that fall, but mostly I'd like to try every trick in the book to get all the ripe ones we can. Our peppers this year are great. Every day something new to try and add a little kick to your morning. The winners so far are the santa fe grande, a lovely yellow to red, medium heat salsa pepper. Another is the "goat's horn", which I fire roasted last night to much delight. These long, green and orange peppers really do look like horns and would also be great for stuffing. More details to follow, much love for now. Love to all the support, help and intrigue. I need some eggs, Justin. Cheers, JR
No comments:
Post a Comment