Saturday, August 6, 2011

Un mes..


One week into this challenge, I see this will be harder than I imagined. All I want to eat is eggs, but those we have to sell. How many ways can you eat a beet? Maggie's farm breakfast this week was a winner, consisting of shredded zucchini, potatoes, fresh slaw, and love. Joe made a great vegetable soup and also whipped up a nice stir fry with broccoli, carrots, and roasted beets. Filius Blue peppers have provided a nice spice to a lot of the dishes, along with thyme, basils, and oregano. Commonly seen as an ornamental pepper, the blue provides a damn good punch for how small and cute it is. Don't be fooled! If it wasn't for the chicken I roasted Tuesday, I may just have broke down. Protein is still a must, and probably the hardest thing to come by. It was nice to step back and appreciate the bird as a treat, not something I had just come to expect. All of this has a reason... to cleanse, to purify, to test, to learn. I feel very healthy after just a week, probably mostly due to not drinking at all this week as well... 24 days to go and then I'll have hit my goal. Wish me luck.. be proud. Strive on! Cheers, JR

No comments: